Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Today was Kiefer's first day at daycare! It was a little sad to leave him. He fell asleep in the car on the way there and I'm sure he was quite confused when he woke up and I wasn't there. Holly, our daycare provider, said that he did really well except when it came to taking the bottle. Roel has given him a bottle with breast milk every day for the past month and a half so he could get used to it. Well, he is used to taking a bottle from Roel and in the evening, so he wasn't too thrilled about getting a bottle in the morning from Holly. He'd much rather have the real thing! Anyway, 6 hours went by quickly because I was extremely busy at work.

Kiefer is getting so big! He weighed 14 lbs, 3.5 oz (6.46 kg) on August 29th. He loves to stand on his very strong legs. We suspect that he'll be rolling from his belly to his back very soon. He already rolls onto his side very easily. We've had some very special visitors lately. Grandma and Grandpa Stroud came from South Carolina to visit for a long weekend in August and just a few days later Oma and Opa Ebling came from the Netherlands. He's had a great time visiting with them.



I can't believe that I am back at work and school again. I have no idea how I am going to find the will to tear myself away from Kiefer on the weekends when I have to do schoolwork. It is going to be very difficult. I think I am going to have to do a lot of the work at night after he has gone to bed (that is if I'm not too tired).
~April

No comments: